In the event of fire or smoke damage, stay calm!! Here are some tips to help with the situation.
Open all windows.
Empty freezer and refrigerator completely if electricity is off. Prop open the doors.
- Remove pets (especially birds) to clean environments.
- DO NOT attempt to wipe or wash the walls, ceilings, or other absorbent surfaces.
- DO NOT use exposed food goods or canned goods that have been subject to excessive heat.
- DO NOT use upholstered furniture if it can be avoided.
- DO NOT use TVs, stereos, or any other electrical appliances until cleaned or checked.
- DO NOT send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner, because improper cleaning may set the smoke odor.
- DO NOT turn on your heating and air conditioning system if it is not currently on.
Courtesy of Rainbow International Restoration and Cleaning www.rainbowintl.com