May 2017 Steve Kukowski
Memorial Day, the unofficial start of summer, is coming up! If you will be getting together with friends or family, it’s important to keep safe and prevent fires if you’re grilling. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) offers these tips:
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.