Privacy Notice and Notice of Information Practices
At S&R Insurance Services, we value your business and want to retain your trust. In the course of providing products and services through the companies we represent and work with, we may be required to obtain nonpublic personal information about you. This information is used solely for the purpose of providing insurance products and services to you. Recently enacted laws prohibit unauthorized disclosure of nonpublic personal information.
What Types of Nonpublic Information Do We Obtain?
Most of the information we obtain comes directly from you. Depending on the types of products and services we are providing you, the companies we represent and work with may require additional information in order to properly place your coverage. While the nature and extent of the information needed varies based on the nature of the products and services provided, we obtain only the information required to provide those products and services.
We collect information about you to quote and service your insurance policy. This is called “Nonpublic Personal Information” if it identifies you and is not available to the public. Depending on the product, we collect it from some or all of the following sources. We have provided a few examples for each source, but not all may apply to you.
- Application information: You provide this on your application, through your agent or broker, by phone, or online. We may also obtain it from directories and other outside sources. It includes your name, street and e-mail addresses, phone number, driver’s license number, Social Security number, date of birth, gender, marital status, type of vehicle, and information about other drivers.
- Consumer report information: We obtain this from several sources, Motor Vehicle Reports, CLUE Reports (claims history) and NCF Reports (a credit score, based on criteria the insurance companies provide to Choicepoint and use to determine premium discounts), Medical History, and consumer reporting agencies. It includes your driving record, claims history with other insurers, and credit report information. The information is kept by the consumer reporting agencies and disclosed by them to others as permitted by law.
- Transaction information: This is information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. It includes your insurance coverages, limits and rates, and payment and claims history. It also includes information that we require for billing and payment.
- Web site information: This information is unique to Internet transactions. It includes the Web site that linked you to ours, your computer operating system, and the pages you viewed on our site. Some Web sites, including ours, may also store “cookies” on your computer. Cookies collect technical data, like your Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, and session ID. They can also save certain information entered by you.
- What Do We Do With Information About You?
Information about you is kept in our insurance policy records. We refer to and use that information for purposes related to quoting, writing and servicing your insurance coverages. Information about you in our records will not be disclosed by us to an external organization without your prior authorization, except as permitted by law. We do not sell or otherwise provide your information to outside marketing services.
During the process of quoting your coverages, we may be required to provide nonpublic information to the companies we are quoting through. Please be assured that we provide only the necessary information and not the complete report.
When binding coverage on your behalf, the company you have selected will receive copies of only the reports they require.
In servicing your insurance coverages, we may be required to provide certain information to those you contract with or who have an interest in the property covered by your policy. We will only provide that information if the firm or individual requesting it is listed on your policy, unless proper authorization from you is received by us.
We will order updates to the initial reports in order to properly service your needs.
S & R Insurance Services has always had a strict policy of confidentiality regarding client (including former clients) and prospect information. We maintain a system of passwords and other appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards against unauthorized access to potentially private information. Our staff has been educated about the terms of this notice and the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy, and we monitor our system of safeguards on a regular basis. We restrict access to your Nonpublic Personal Information to our employees. Their use of the information is limited by law. Employees who gain unauthorized access or who otherwise violate our confidentiality policy are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
What about Web site security?
Our security measures help ensure that your data is secured and encrypted, so that others cannot access it while in transit. We limit access to our servers and require our employees to adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity in performing their jobs.
We use a secure server and security protocol to safeguard information you provide during the purchase process. Our secure server uses a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to interact with you when you provide personal information during the purchase process. We handle your information via 128-bit encryption. Every secure page on our Web sites has a digital certificate by RSA Data Security/Secure Server CA. This is shown via the site certificate that resides on all secure pages. To view it, click on the image of the “closed lock” or the “solid key” on the bottom of your browser window. A small frame displaying security information will appear. Click on “subject” to verify that you are on our site. Click on “Issuer” to verify the site certification authority.
What about links to other Web sites?
Our Web site contains links to other sites that are not ours. These links are solely for your convenience. We make no warranties or representations about other Web sites. We recommend that you read the privacy and security policies of these sites.
Get a Quote
Ready for a Home, Auto, Health, Life, Business, or other insurance quote?